Friday, September 01, 2006

testing MySpace

Now what compelled me to do that?

My best friend thought that would be a good way to keep the whole group in touch this year without actually skyrocketing our phone bills and overloading our e-mail boxes with pictures, news, and all that.

I read an article in the newspaper about it's success. So I guess I supposed it wasn't as bad as it looks.

So... much as I was reluctant to do so, I set up an account. And I updated my profile.

The french beta is really not ready to be online at all. Good thing I speak english!
I don't like the fact that you're a MySpace "loser" if you don't have any "friends". I really don't care for that sort of community. Doesn't seem all that much better than skyblog. I also don't like the way they manage blogging. I don't like the layout. I don't like the profile settings. I just plain don't like it.

And what I really don't like is that you're not sure what you're seeing. Your admin interface? Your "blog" as it appears to your friends? Something entirely different?

There are too many menus. I hate menus. Seriously. Well I don't mind menus that much if I can move them around as I like, customize them. And find ways to avoid them altogether.

MySpace. Ringo. So many services to keep track of birthdays, friends, photos, whatever. Gets confusing. And none are usable unless you sign up.

Crabby mood tonight...
Maybe MySpace isn't that bad. I guess I've only been using it for a day. There are some things you don't like from the get-go, but that are nice in the long run. Just take getting used to. Don't know if that's the case here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I tried myspace too but it didn't take me long to get out of it... :p I'm currently on skyblog and I don't intend to delete it... spend too many hours working on it for that! But I am really thinkng of creating a blog with blogger...