Sunday, September 03, 2006

Explorer Destroyer

I don't like Internet Explorer. Really. Not just because it's Microsoft, although I suppose that's reason enough ;) I do use Microsoft Office though, but I've been recently converted to LaTeX and rarely use Word anymore.

ANYWAY- back to IE bashing :p

I don't like not being able to do tab browsing. I'm addicted to tabbed browsing. I figure I have enough open windows as it is (all my Gimp projects, e-mails, iTunes, Adium -thank goodness Adium has tabs, too!- iSync...). So when I get on a PC, even more windows are open, my desktop is a real mess, so tabbed browsing is even more handy. I use Firefox whenever I can (that is when I have the authorization to install it). On my mac, I like Safari.

I don't like popup ads. How come IE doesn't block them?

I hate spyware.

And I really don't like the design of it. If I'm going to spend 8+ hours per day on my computer, I like to have a pretty interface.

Firefox is nice. It's free. Better yet, it's Open Source.

So I think that using level 1 of Explorer Destroyer is actually doing a public service. It's just a message on the top of my blog for people who are using the browser, and it doesn't stop people from reading my blog normally, so I think it's just a suggestion.
If you have money to get a new computer, just get a mac. Or if you don't, why don't you consider intalling Linux? If neither of these options appeal to you, at least get Firefox, it's worth it. And if you don't like it (for some obscure reason I couldn't imagine), you can always revert to IE.

For all you fellow bloggers, check out Explorer Destroyer. It's easy and fast to add to your template. And if you use AdSense, you'll get 1$ for every referral to Firefox. Personally, I don't. I'm not doing this for the money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IE7 enables tab browsing, so they're just a little bit late...