Monday, September 11, 2006

First day of classes

Today is officially my first day of classes in Rennes 1.
When I got up this morning, I didn't know what groups I was in (the lists hadn't been updated yet and for some reason they had forgotten my name- I checked last night, the update came about mid-morning - which meant that I wasn't on the list in german class!) I also didn't know where my classes were, because last night the internet connection was so slow that it wouldn't load the university's class calendar. So I got there only 5 minutes early because it took me slightly longer than usual to walk over... And yet I had no trouble because I just followed people who I heard talking about the class I was going to.

I had 8 hours of classes today- a big day, considering that tomorrow I have 4 hours, and the rest of the week only 2 hours per day.
I was glad to find out I actually know some people who were with me in high-school. That was very helpful.
So I had B04 this morning, but as it turns out I had followed the beginning of that class last year so it was somewhat boring. And then I had german. I didn't take german last year, so I was overjoyed to find out I understood everything the teacher said! I just lost most of my own capacity to speak because the vocabulary and grammer doesn't come back that easily.
This afternoon, C02. A harder class, in theory.
And now I'm in OFI, "Outils formels pour l'informatique"- but my break is over so back to work!

2 comments:

INAMINI said...

Alessia, what are you majoring in, if that's the right word? It's interesting to hear about your school in France! Good luck!

Alessia said...

I'm not sure exactly what my major would be in the US. In france it's "licence d'informatique"- which I suppose would be Computer Science- but I'm not sure about that.