Friday, September 01, 2006

syncing the V600i and the mac



I just got this cute new phone. I'm happy now, but at first I was extremely frustrated with it. It just wouldn't work with iSync. Then I found this hint and it helped A LOT.
If you do this, back up your .plist file before making the changes (Open With TextEdit), and you should be OK. Also, when you're done, you need to quit iSync and THEN, only then, add your device to your device list. That's where I went wrong and got very frustrated, but now it works like a charm. It syncs with my iCal, and with my address book. I love syncing things :)
My only remaining frustrations are that it's impossible to buy an additional memory card, and my iBook doesn't seem to realize anything is plugged in when I use the USB cable. But as long as the Bluetooth works, I guess I don't need the USB that much. Except that it's a better way to "unload" my pictures, which will be necessary since the memory card is so small. (like 24 Mo if I remember correctly)

I think it's kind of lame that you have to be slightly geeky or at least very persistant to do something that should be easy. Most people don't care for editing .plist files (I don't really mind that much).

As for the phone menus, I'm still used to my Alcatel phone's menus, which were a charm to work with. But I'll eventually get the hang of it.
I don't care for the fact that there's a Vodafone live button on the side. I'm afraid I'll connect (and pay big bucks for it) by mistake.
But I love the Visio :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! does your v600i and isync arrangement do the address book images as well? i'm thinking of getting one myself, i'm having such a hard time finding a fully isync friendly phone! :)