Friday, September 15, 2006

Bad day....?

I've been dragging along a headache for the last couple days, as well as, last night, a slight fever. (I think walking home in the rain a couple days ago didn't do me much good) So I didn't go to classes yesterday. But today, I was feeling slightly better, so I decided to go, despite the pouring rain and the fact that I would probably be 5 minutes late even if I took the bus. The thing is, I missed it by a minute. And one of the bus lines doesn't stop at that stop anymore, and the next bus was 30 minutes later. Obviously, in such a case, walking was the quickest solution.
Under pouring rain with non-waterproof shoes, even an umbrella doesn't help this to be a pleasent situation. So I got to the building, and made a nice discovery: there's a cafeteria right underneath the classroom part, so I got a nice hot cup of tea. But between walking perhaps an extra kilometer or so (you need to see the way to my classroom as a triangle. Trying to take the bus and walking from there is like being at one angle, walking down to another angle which happens to be the right angle, and walking from there to the other angle. MUCH longer), under the pouring rain (so not as fast) and taking a cup of tea and drying off, I was over half an hour late. Instead of disrupting the class, I decided to wait in the hall and do some math on a little table with a chair that was conveniantly put there, until the mid-class break. When I walked in at that point, I explained the situation to the teacher, and he was very understanding and nice and said that I should have come in anyway, no matter how late I was, and that it didn't matter so long as it didn't happen every week! To top it off, he's a GREAT math teacher!!
And today is Friday, which means I'm going home.

No comments: