Friday, September 01, 2006

Blog vision

The Bestest Blog of All Time has got me thinking. I consistantly don't want this to be categorized as a "personal" blog because I feel I have very recurrent themes. But I decided to change categories. Before, I was in the "Writing" category (but nobody seemed to care about my Prodigal Son series (check the archives if you want to read it)). Now I'm in the Internet/Technology section. I tend to talk a lot about geek stuff, but still throw in an occasional post about other things, such as spiders, my *personal* life, college, or my faith, or a book I'm reading. I find it very difficult to stick to one theme.
So what are my options?

I could decide to orient my blog in one direction or another and limit my "other" posts to one designated day a week.

I could give up and become a "personal" blog- but honestly, that's not really what I want. I wish there was a "randomness" category. Because I think there's a difference between "personal" and "random". Most of my "real-life" friends don't even really visit my blog that much, although some do. I don't make a habit of talking of myself beyond that subtle limit of what I think might interest random-blog button surfers.

I could decide to orient it according to the title, Waiting, Wishing. Perhaps say "I am waiting for Leopard to come out, and wishing I had a MacBook". "I am an aspiring geek."
That way none of my posts will be off-topic. And considering my major in college, technology will be a big theme on here. More than this summer- I tend to read book after book during the long summer nights. So I tend to blog about litterature and philosophical themes in summer.

I do like the "one day a week" idea, though. So, let's say, Saturday is random day. Expect funny pictures, random things I found online, etc...

No comments: