Saturday, September 23, 2006

Links (the browser)

I was curious/bored today. And frustrated for some reason that I'm not learning enough, fast enough. I'm just too impatient.
And I was talking to a friend who told me to just learn the basics in math, and in the meantime get to know my Terminal, and LaTeX, etc... So that's what I've been doing.
I had heard of lynx somewhere, so I wanted to try it. So I tried downloading it but there isn't a version for mac os x 10.4 yet, if I understood correctly. So I tried Links. And I tried viewing my blog, posting a comment (which I deleted because it was just to test) and even posting. I didn't manage to log in to blogger though... Might not be possible. I couldn't seem to log into gmail correctly either.
I also tried some surfing, which generally speaking works like a charm. It's nice to have your page load immediately and not be slowed down by all the images... And it's very easy to toggle and see just the source of the page, and search it.
I'm also going to try and learn a bit more about Vi. I want to be able to survive with a terminal.
Obviouly I love "eye-candy". Too much, perhaps. I'm making a fool of myself because most of my readers probably don't have a clue what I'm talking about, and the few who do will probably say I sound silly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you sound like quite the computer whizz!

And u have a Mac! How cool is that :)

Anyway I just landed on ur blog, seems pretty cool, I shall be visiting often :)

Take Care
SS