Tuesday, June 27, 2006

First job interview

I have a job interview (my first "real" one, at that! Before I only had to talk to parents and meet their kids to give a couple classes- which isn't quite the same thing- not saying it's necessarily easy, just different!).

If I get the job, I'll be selling subscriptions to magazines in high-schools and colleges next year :)

I got the confirmation SMS, telling me my particular RDV is at 14h, (I didn't know the exact time until now, it could have been anytime in the afternoon).

I think I've figured out what to wear. I need something confortable to drive in (as I have a driving lesson before the interview), something somewhat classy but also laid-back enough to suit the sort of job I'm applying for. So I think my black and white dress with a nice sweater should do the trick, along with a nice hairdo and some light makeup. I have the perfect shoes for the dress, too (which means I'll have to bring tennis shoes in my backpack for driving).

Tomorrow I'll probably validate step 2 of my driving. I didn't make it today (I guess I was too stressed out by driving in the center of town for the first time.) But now I know what mistakes I made and I'm bound to do much better tomorrow.


I'm hesitating to sign up for swimming lessons next year. I took a year of lessons in high-school, and I made a lot of progress, and now I'm a fairly good swimmer although competition is DEFINATELY out of my league, and probably will always be. But lessons are more expensive than just a monthly pass, and only 1h per week. Also, it's kind of hard to sign up NOW, the deadline is Friday. If I do it, what will I do if I have classes in college at that time next year? Sometimes classes run very late. If I get a monthly pass, it'll be MUCH more flexible, and it's not like too many people go swimming in winter, so I shouldn't get as many bruises as I did today. Also, I could swim maybe 4 hours a week instead of just one. And enjoy 30 minutes in the jacuzzi per week as well :)

Anyway, I'll tell you if I get the job :) And also if I validate step 2 :)

No comments: