Friday, July 28, 2006

What do I do while waiting for God to answer my prayer?

Someone obviously stumbled on my blog looking for an answer to that question (my stats say that was entered in google). I hope my blog helped.
But I do think that's an interesting question I havn't directly adressed yet, so I'll try and answer it from my experience and from the Bible.

1. Keep praying. I guess that makes sense. And it's biblical too, I just don't want to look up any passages right now, but I can think of at least 2 passages that back this up.

2. Do what you can- without necessarily taking things into your own hands. Two extremes to avoid here: it's a bad idea to sleep with the maid to get a son if your wife is barren. But it's also a bad idea to be praying for deliverance on a rooftop after a flood and not at least try and make signals at the boats passing by or shout out.

3. Keep your options open. This is especially true if you're seeking God's will and depending on the outcome you might need to have some administrative things done already. For example I would encourage applying to many colleges and not just one or two if you're not sure.

4. Do your duty or at least something useful.

5. An obvious one: keep your ears and mind open. He may already have answered. And be ready to hear a "no" or a "not yet".

That's what I can think of for now.

No comments: