Wednesday, July 05, 2006

3 ways to wait

There are 3 ways to wait. One is useful, one is neutral, and one can turn out to be a real catastrophy.

To illustrate this, I'll use the example of the bus. I have several hours of bus every week (sometimes every day!).

I can read textbooks or make important phone calls or talk to people and make new friends or devellop friendships. I can use that time to put my contacts in, or to type a report... to do something useful!

OR I can watch a divX on my computer, or I can do a couple Sudoku puzzles, or just listen to music, or sleep...

OR I can sit there, fret, say "are we there yet?" every 5 minutes and drive everyone crazy, including myself.

conclusion: always carry work of some sort along with me. I'll save time and frustration by diminishing actual waiting time.

No comments: