Tuesday, July 04, 2006

backseat driving :p


Today I drove two hours, but I also had "écoute pédagogique", where I can just sit in the backseat and watch someone else drive, make mistakes, be corrected by the teacher, and learn whatever that person is learning. Obviously you learn less that way than by actually driving yourself, but I really think it was helpful. Because now I have a different perspective on my driving. I also got lucky: this girl's lesson was the one where she was learning about the different parts of the car, like where all the different liquids are, how to check for problems. Which means I'll "lose" less time on all that with my own lessons. Might seem like a minor gain but when you're paying 30 euros per hour (standard price in France!!), it's definately worth it.
I also realized something. I'm not that bad at orientation, I just remember bus routes better. And with my own teacher we never follow similar routes to the bus ones. So obviously I don't know where we are.
And I was actually able to bring the car back to the school and park by myself this time :D
I'm getting better at parking, I think I've got the hang of it. My teacher told me to write it down and study my method because I'm not going to be driving for weeks because of my vacation. So I guess I'll do that.
Maybe I should write down absolutely everything I know to review it. Can always help. I'll look for a notebook tonight. I can't wait to have my licence!!!

I got new shoes today :D
I'm tickled pink: I LOVE new shoes. And these ones are very different from the rest of my shoes. They are classy sandals I can actually drive with. I can also walk in them. They are a pretty white leather (not black, as usual), and have no heels, which is nice for walking. I'm sort of short but I guess it doesn't matter. Not really. Very comfortable :D

No comments: