Friday, August 25, 2006

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck


I admit it: I'm a fan.
I used to read about my favorite duck when I was a kid, and I actually own the collector's La Jeunesse de Picsou from 1998, which, today, can only be found on ebay for about 30-40 euros. (original price: about 30 francs)
It's one of the best comics ever.
And I was just feeling really bad I missed out on the re-edition of them in 2004 and 2005, with extra episodes. This came about when I bought the most recent collector hors-série with Don Rosa's comics for my sister's birthday, and now I wish I had all the "in-between" episodes that aren't in the 1998 edition.
My best bet is to buy them in english, for the simple reason that it's a book, and not a magazine. So it's not a collector's item, but it's the original version or close enough, and brand new. There's actually a new one coming out. There's the first one that contains episodes 1-15, and then this new one, coming out on September 6th, contains all the "in-betweens" and the episode 0.

I'm quite tempted to get them. For less than 15 euros each I can have the original (aka in english) version, brand new (and not with a ripped cover, like my collector's edition now has: it has been read and re-read by my entire family).

No comments: