Wednesday, August 16, 2006

cruisin'

I'm back from the island of ré (which explains the lack of posts here!!)....

As usual, it was a wonderful trip: walks on the beach, swimming in the waves nearly every afternoon, enjoying the beauty of the island, eating the crabs my dad caught in the morning...
But I think the best part was the cruise we went on, with my family, my grandfather, aunt and cousins... From St Martin to l'île d'Aix, and with a tour of Fort Boyard, we saw it from every angle. We also went under the bridge of the island, and it was soooo fun!! The weather was beautiful, there was no wind in the morning, but in the afternoon there was some and that was fun too, all the waves splashing water on us, the wind blowing in my hair, the waves sparkling in the sun, all this with the Corrs singing in my ear (i love my iPod!)
I also wasn't sea-sick at all, and for the first time was able to appriciate why people love boats so much, love navigating... Because I do too!!!!
I was so excited to get into the port of La Rochelle... It was beautiful, all the towers...
I'll eventually put up some pictures.

No comments: