Monday, August 07, 2006

it's frustrating to wait when you're ready...

Waiting is OK when you're not ready.
Waiting is OK when you're not sure.
Waiting is OK when you're scared to death.

Waiting is annoying when you're aching to do something you could do, but aren't allowed to do yet.
When it would be so very practical and wonderful,
when it's something you know you'd enjoy and you know it would make other people's lives easier if you could do it.
When it would simplify travelling.
When it would make life as a whole easier.

Waiting is hard when everyone is doing it around you.
Even people who shouldn't.
When all your friends look at you in disbelief: "but I started when I was 16!"
When for a long time you believed you wouldn't have to wait so long but things didn't turn out quite as planned.
When you could probably get away with not waiting... after all, lots of people do, you just need to be careful...

I'm ready to drive. I'm good at it. I feel confident on the road. I believe I'll get my driver's licence right away, or if I don't, I'll miss not by much. I love driving. It would be sooooo practical. But I must wait. Wait until the lists aren't so full. Wait until September, when I could have been ready in July.

2 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

My son is 16 so we are going through this too.

Thank you so much for visiting "To Love, Honor and Dismay" and for contributing your hated question. I do the same thing :o) I'm glad you dropped by. (...maybe you would even consider adding me to your list of links so your readers can find their way as well? I promise I'll leave the porch light on for them :o)

All the best!
Andrew

Alessia said...

I linked you :)

I really enjoy reading your blog...

Actually, my main problem is that I'm 19... I started taking lessons pretty late, but now that I've started I really like it and want to drive as soon as possible.