Tuesday, January 30, 2007

syncing V600i and the mac (bis)

I had a reader post a comment on a post with the same title, asking a question. Since it's a very old post, and the reader doesn't have a blog, I'll just answer on here.
No, with a V600i the adress book images aren't synced (which kind of did bum me out, but when you realize how little storage space you have on the phone, and how you can't buy more... it makes sense)
The V600i is a nice little phone if you don't want to use it as your primary mp3 player. I only can put up like 10 mp3s on it. It's also a nice little phone if you like visio from time to time, but the quality isn't excellent. The quality of the pictures is OK, if you have a "real" camera on the side to take pictures.
Let's just say it's not an ipod, camera and phone all rolled into one. It's a phone that can occasionnally be somewhat entertaining.
What's nice is it's pretty cheap if you buy it with a "forfait", I got mine with SFR.

And here's my advice concerning telephones. Motorola phones are cute. They are pretty cheap and work pretty well. But steer clear. After a year or so, the battery dies beyond repair and it won't even recognise the charger anymore. When that happens, there is nothing you can do about it.

Alcatal phones tend to get a lot of bad press, but they litterally last forever and their battery is great. I just gave my old Alcatel to my little sister and she loves it. Obviously it doesn't have all the fun little features the newer phones have, but its battery life is excellent (I can spend up to 5 hours on the phone and still have enough battery to keep it on for a day or so, or I can just leave it on and make 10-minute calls here and there for over a week!!!).

The "best" as far as the interface goes, are the Sony Erricson, and they are generally pretty sweet looking little machines, too.

But the best of the best is obviously the iPhone, iPod, Camera, Pocket Pc and telephone all rolled into one, mac-style ;)
If you want to iSync in style, I'd say that's the way to go (but you need money - lots of it)
And you probably also need to wait, because there are no phone deals supporting it yet in Europe at least. Kind of a bummer.

1 comment:

Evan Reiser said...

Interesting Feature Comparison between the iPhone OS and Windows Mobile 5

iPhone - Already an Outdated Technology????