Sunday, January 07, 2007

french christian music

So you want to discover french christian music, but have no clue where to start?

Why am I saying this? Because considering the frequent keywords on my blog, I figure a lot of people who are interested in christian music and in france will find it. I also figure that you might wonder where to start as far as listening to christian music from France, especially since many french people are clueless because the french christian music scene is so tiny, because several albums and groups, although they have a good heart, just aren't something I would listen to, let alone spend 20 euros to buy a CD for, unless of course they were friends of mine.

This last song by Madison that I just posted the lyrics for, is a song that helped remind me what would bring me through, during one of the darkest periods of my life, when my everyday question was : " what for? "
I can only advise strongly that you buy Madison's album if you like gospel music, even if you don't speak french. If you're just curious to get a glimpse of french christian music, the 3 biggest groups out there, in my opinion, are Madison, Les Passages and Exo.

But those 3 groups, you're safe buying a CD from them, especially if you try listening to extracts from their albums first.

Les Passages and Madison both did a concert at Paques 2006, a huge french-speaking youth meeting that takes place every third easter in Switzerland, at the Geneve Bible Institute. There are some pictures in my photo album

3 comments:

Alessia said...

instead of making a new post, I'll just comment to say that you can buy the lastest Passagers album on iTunes France (havn't checked the US store) for 10 euros.

Tom Bailey said...

This is very interesting. I like Christian music in general beacause it is so uplifting. Though I have never heard any in french. Does christian music in french sell well?

Alessia said...

Does it sell well? I'm not exactly sure. Outside of France, no, not really. But in France, it sells pretty well (people like understanding the words when they're worshipping in general).

If you're curious, you should check out those websites I linked to, you can listen to extracts.