Sunday, November 05, 2006

Linux on iBook tutorial


Here is a link to my installing ubuntu on iBook tutorial.
It's in french, and not 100% complete yet (I still havn't put up the sections on the Airport wifi card, or on bluetooth and other hardware issues).
But as I said I'd put one up, I suppose I had to do it ;)
This is the very first tutorial I write myself.
It involves a lot of research, to make sure I don't forget to explain some minor steps that are nevertheless important, it involves research to find reference pages online, link them, and make sure to refer to the exact places that might interest the people who want to dig deeper, either out of curiosity/desire to learn, or just because they feel they need more explanations before doing what I say.
I also added links to learn yourself and go deeper which aren't necessary to the tutorial in and of themselves.

Formatting is also very important to make a good tutorial. I think I spent more time on that than on actually writing it.

I hope you will enjoy it, if that sort of thing interests you (I admit, people interested in installing ubuntu on an iBook aren't that common, especially since iBooks aren't sold anymore. On a macbook, it's much easier to do, I think. And if you have Mac OS X, there really is no need to get a better OS. I really like Mac OS as my everyday OS. I only put linux on my computer to play around and for the learning experience. On a PC, it's more useful because Windows is really hard to work with, in my opinion).

No comments: