Saturday, November 18, 2006

Deep dark secrets

In the first episode of the first season of Desperate Housewives, Mary-Alice kills herself. Why? She received a note, along the lines of "I know what you did. You disgust me. I'm going to tell".

It could very well have been a bluff.
I'm sure that if any of us received such a note, we'd all get chills up our spines. Some of us would change towns. Some of us would even leave the country. Others would try to kill whoever discovered their secret, and others would kill themselves.
Some of us would fess up and beg for mercy.
Some of us would have a nervous breakdown.

Others just wouldn't care. Perhaps some people wouldn't even be worried- they have no deep dark secrets. Although I would tend to doubt that.
We all have deep dark secrets, I wonder.... perhaps we even sort of need one to function. When I was a kid I had imaginary deep dark secrets. Or I would pretend that charaters in movies were me, and their secrets were mine.

1 comment:

Miao 妙 said...

Your entries are very thoughtful. I still imagine that movie characters with dark secrets are me and their secrets are mine, as if that is the only way to make myself feel alive.