Thursday, December 21, 2006

Randomness

I really like random things. Random songs. Random blogs.

Random songs



I have thousands of songs on my iPod. Obviously it would take over a year to listen to them all, especially since I tend to listen to about 5 different bands at one time, and it kind of rotates.
Right now I'm in my Scorpions/Jack Johnson/ Kansas/ Bee Gees phase. (don't try to find any sort of relationship. I just like different styles of music).
But then again I've had my W's/Lighthouse Family/ Within Temptation/ Kansas/ ELO phase.

How do I go from one "phase" to the next? Random play. I listen to random songs on my iPod when I get tired of the same albums, and I either hear something I like but didn't even know I had, let alone know what it is (I put all my parent's CDs on my iPod because I figure that's how I found out about Styx, Meatloaf, and SuperTramp for example- but that doesns't mean I know where all of it comes from), or sometimes I just hear a song I LOVE but hadn't heard in awhile.

*mental note: add the Queen CD I forgot to put on it because if I ever get in the mood for "I want it all" I'll go crazy*

Random blogs



I like blogs that stay on topic, it's nice if you like to have news about a particular technology, etc...
But I mostly enjoy random blogs like my own. Blogs where people mention their life but don't make it the focus of their blog. It's more of a material to add content that might interest the world.
A good book review, or a thought about a movie they saw, or just a random thing that happened to them during the day.
In my opinion, that's what's blogging is all about!
Not putting up a gazillion pictures of yourself and your friends. That's called a photo album (Dropshots is nice. Smugmug too.)
Not telling all the details of your life (although it can be funny if you get the right humoristic angle to it).

1 comment:

nothing said...

just looking at your blog and realized that everyone likes random stuff, after all everything is random and there is no escaping that...

Xunis's Word