Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix



That's the trailer. I just went to see the movie today, and I think that it was the best movie of the first five movies. It was one of the best books as well, I thought.

The story is more fluid -- it's the first movie in the series that doesn't give you the impression that it's just a spinoff - it's a real movie that stands alone and is enjoyable even if you haven't read the books. The first few movies gave me the impression that they weren't really ADDING anything - subtracting, almost - and the characters had no chemistry going between them.



This movie fixes that, and for once the special effects don't have me cringing (the basilisk and the werewolf, and fluffy, were horrible. As well as the troll. )
I really enjoyed the scene where they were flying on their broomsticks over London :D

And Luna - Luna... I didn't really care for the character in the books, but she really comes alive brilliantly on film. LOVE HER!

Umbridge was pretty good - although I didn't exactly imagine her like that.

No comments: